Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup 04/06/2020
It’s been a very exciting fortnight for coverage here at Spark, packed full of national pieces from The Times and The Telegraph, to Forbes, Fortune and New Statesman Tech. So, let’s take a look at in a little more detail.
Kicking off the stellar crop of coverage was the Verizon team, who were busy pitching the thirteenth annual Data Breach Investigations Report, (for those in the security space this is a pretty big deal). The teams efforts resulted in more than 15 pieces of coverage, with one of the highlights being New Statesman Tech. The team also secured interview coverage in Security Week, and in The Register, where spokesperson, Alex Schlager, discussed the fact financial gain is still the number one motive in most data breaches.
The Pistoia Alliance team have also had some fantastic results, starting off with comment in a Forbes feature on health tech, data ingestion, and the critical need for data standardisation across the industry. The team quickly pulled together comment and the whole opportunity was turned around in under 24 hours! But its didn’t stop there, as the Alliance also saw coverage in a whole host of pharma trade publications – including Contract Pharma, PharmaPhorum and Pharma IQ – following the announcement of its new FAIR data toolkit.
The next contenders for the Coverage Cup crown were the NetDocuments team, who secured coverage in The Times/Raconteur supplement on business continuity. In the feature, accountancy firm, Saffrey Champness, discussed the benefits of using NetDocuments for document/email management and how its helped staff remain productive during lockdown.
Rounding out the national coverage, the Blue Yonder team also made headlines with an interview in The Telegraph, where the company’s strategic advisor, Michael Feindt, talked about how Covid-19 has required AI systems to adapt quickly, just like humans, during the crisis.
In the last couple of weeks, some of our clients have also had significant funding announcements to share. The first was from Couchbase, for which the team secured coverage in Fortune’s weekly deals round up. Meanwhile, Marqeta’s $150m funding announcement grabbed coverage in NS Banking, amongst others.
But the coverage doesn’t end there, the DXC team placed an opinion piece ITProPortal on how business leaders can protect employees and achieve growth during Covid-19. Finally, to finish off this blog post, is some great opinion article coverage from MuleSoft in IBS Intelligence, which looked at the future of ‘platformification’ and APIs in banking. With a line-up like this we are looking forward to seeing what the next Coverage Cup brings us!
- News Statesman Tech – Article on Verizon’s 2020 DBIR
- Security Week – Article on Verizon’s 2020 DBIR
- Forbes – Article on data ingestion in health-tech, featuring comment from The Pistoia Alliance
- Contract Pharma – Article on The Pistoia Alliance’s new FAIR toolkit
- PharmaPhorum – Article on The Pistoia Alliance’s new FAIR toolkit
- Pharma IQ – Article on new digital innovations in pharma, including The Pistoia Alliance’s FAIR toolkit
- Opinion article on sharing data in healthcare and life sciences – World Pharma Today
- The Times / Raconteur – Feature on tech for business continuity featuring NetDocuments
- The Telegraph – Feature on COVID-19 and the confusion it caused for AI systems featuring Blue Yonder
- Chartered Institute of Supply Management – Article on Blue Yonder’s partnership with Panasonic
- Fortune – Article roundup of recent funding announcements, including Couchbase
- NS Banking – Article on Marqeta’s recent funding and valuation
- IT Pro Portal – Opinion article looking at how business leaders can protect employees in uncertain times
- Defence Online – Article on Viasat’s contract with the US Department of Defense
- IBS Intelligence – Opinion article on APIs and platformification