Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup round up 20/3/18
It has been a busy few weeks here at Spark towers with some notable client coverage spanning business, IT and vertical media.
First up were the Bromium team who released the initial findings of a joint study it has done with Surrey University looking at cryptocurrency and cybercrime. Some great storytelling and media pitching led to coverage in the likes of The Register, Computer Weekly and News Statesman Tech amongst others. The cherry on top however was a fantastic piece on BBC News Online.
Not to be outdone in the BBC coverage stakes, the Venafi team demonstrated some top-notch news-hijacking prowess after successfully pitching some comment regarding how Oculus VR headsets went offline due to certificate error. Elsewhere in the world of security the RSA team had a couple of fantastic business press hits; firstly, in the FT for a feature looking at the security vulnerabilities surrounding SMS messaging, and secondly in a Telegraph feature about human behaviour and digital security.
Business press coverage hasn’t just been restricted to Spark’s security clients over the last few weeks. The Centiro team scored coverage in The Times’ ‘Future of Retail’ supplement with some comment looking at the need for greater retailer collaboration when it comes to deliveries. The JDA and Couchbase teams also joined the party with The Times ‘Future of Retail’ and ‘Business Transformation’ supplements respectively, using some of the companies’ latest research findings.
Events and interviews have also been a big coverage driver in recent weeks. We secured several journalists to attend Ivalua’s London event last week and already Supply Management has written up x3 separate stories from the event with more coverage to follow. Elsewhere, the Verizon team got some stellar coverage in the likes of Light Reading and Capacity following the company’s recent event with Colt. The JDA team meanwhile secured interviews with JDA Software’s CEO, Girish Rishi, to discuss how tech trends such as AI and machine learning will impact supply chains the future. Some of the fruits of this labour can be seen on diginomica and Internet of Business.
Last but by no means least, there has been some grade A news-hijacking across a number of accounts. The Huntsman team scored coverage with Computer Weekly and CBR after jumping on the latest Russian cyber-attack allegation. Meanwhile, the Centiro team were at it again, this time successfully pitching in comment for x2 different news-hijacks in the last fortnight which resulted in coverage on likes of Internet Retailing, Retail Tech Innovation Hub and Internet of Business. Opposite is an extended list of coverage highlights.
- BBC News Online – An article about cryptocurrency helping criminals launder money
- New Statesman Tech – An article about how much money cyber criminals are laundering
- The Register – A further article on cryptocurrency helping criminals launder money
- BBC News Online – An article about Oculus Rift headsets being blocked due to an administrative error
- SC Media – An further article about Oculus Rift headsets being blocked due to expired certificates
- Huffington Post – An article about how the plastic crisis can be solved
- The Economist – An article about why fund managers are holding less stocks
- The Financial Times – An article about how hackers have learned to get past two-factor authentication
- The Telegraph – An article about IT security and why employees can be the weak link
- The Times – An article about retailers paying the price for same-day delivery
- The Times – An article about digital transformation leaders
- Diginomica – An article about how AI will impact the supply chain
- Internet of Business – An article about why monolithic supply chains are dead
- Capacity – An article about the Verizon/Colt two-way inter-carrier SDN network orchestration event
- Light Reading – Another article about the Verizon/Colt two-way inter-carrier SDN network orchestration event
- Computer Weekly – An article about the US blaming Russia for cyber attacks aimed against the energy industry
- Computer Business Review – An article about Russian energy infrastructure attacks on the US
- Internet Retailing – An article about London wanting to reduce the amount of delivery vehicles on the road
- Internet of Business – An article about DHL trialing robots and AI/AR
- Retail Innovation Hub – Another article about DHL introducing new delivery tech
- SC Media – An article about the key mobile security threats to watch out for