Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup 03/07/2020
To kick off this week’s Coverage Cup post let’s take a look at the brilliant hits in the latest The Times/Raconteur supplements. The first was in the remote working report, with not one, not two but three clients (Verizon, RSA and The Chartered Institute of Information Security (CIISec)) talking about how the crisis could be an opportunity for security teams. The second was CIISec again, this time in report on digital transformation discussing how to stop phishing in its tracks by training your remote employees to spot it quickly.
In the last fortnight there were also some great news hijacking the teams have been carrying out. First up was CIISec team on Gartner’s updated projections that security spending will slow this year down to just 2.8%. Amanda Finch, CEO of CIISec discussed how automation could be and answer to doing more with less, resulting in coverage in Computer Weekly and TEISS.
Meanwhile the RSA team secured coverage in SC Media UK, commenting on some recent research which found a whopping £16.6 million has been lost to eCommerce fraud during the Covid-19 lockdown.
Our final news hijack came from the Viasat team, who secured Computer Weekly coverage with comment on the UK government’s plans to use existing utility pipelines to accelerate national fibre infrastructure roll-out. Highlighting that the government needs to ensure it isn’t ignoring other technologies like 5G and satellite to truly reach everyone in the country.
Talking of Viasat, the team also secured great coverage in The Register, Army Technology and Intelligent CIO, regarding the company’s alliance with BT, NSSSL and Global to deliver innovation in UK MOD satellite capabilities.
Last week also saw the virtual event, IT Pro Live, where the RSA team secured the opportunity for the company’s CTO, Zulfikar Ramzan, to discuss cryptography, AI and quantum computing. But, it didn’t stop there, Ramzan also spoke to IT Pro about immunity passports and how at this stage they “create far more problems than they solve”.
Finally, over in the science arena, Elsevier has been talking about how digital transformation needs to accelerate in the chemicals and materials industry, with an opinion article placed in Specialty Chemicals. The team also secured coverage in Scientific Computing World with an interview on Elsevier’s collaboration with ExactCure to develop new drugs to treat Covid-19.
There will be another Coverage Cup post in a couple of weeks, but in the meantime we are all looking forward to our summer day in, as of course we have had to adapt it due to lockdown, but that won’t stop us having a fun afternoon to celebrate all the great work we have achieved over the last few months.
- The Times/Raconteur – Feature on stopping phishing with a remote workforce featuring The Chartered Institute of Information Security
- The Times/Raconteur – Article on how the crisis could be a cybersecurity opportunity, featuring Verizon, RSA and The Chartered Institute of Information Security
- SC Media UK – Article on research showing £16 million has been lost to eCommerce fraud during lockdown
- Computer Weekly – Article on the UK government investigating water and energy networks to deliver broadband, featuring Viasat
- Computer Weekly – Article on how security spend will slow in 2020 featuring The Chartered Institute of Information Security
- TEISS – Article on how security spend will slow in 2020 featuring The Chartered Institute of Information Security
- Intelligent CIO – Article on Viasat’s alliance with BT NSSSL and Global to deliver innovation in UK MOD satellite capabilities
- The Register – Article on Viasat’s alliance with BT NSSSL and Global to deliver innovation in UK MOD satellite capabilities
- Army Technology – Article on Viasat’s alliance with BT NSSSL and Global to deliver innovation in UK MOD satellite capabilities
- IT Pro – Feature on Covid-19 immunity passwords and data sharing, featuring RSA
- Speciality Chemicals – Opinion article from Elsevier on digital transformation in the chemicals and materials industry
- Scientific Computing World – Feature on how software can advance drug development for Covid-19 including Elsevier
- Information Age – Feature on unified communications during lockdown including expert comment from HCL
- Pharma Technology Focus – Feature on salvaging clinical trials during Covid-19, featuring Phesi