Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup 09/02/2024
We’re starting this week’s round-up with an eye-catching piece of coverage from Scrumconnect Consulting in BBC News Online, following news of the company’s northern expansion plan in Newcastle. Our press release with a quote from local MP Chi Onwurah also drove coverage with a number of regional publications, including the Newcastle Chronicle and North East Business Insider.
The national coverage didn’t stop there – the Quadient team secured an interview in The Telegraph about the growing problems facing consumers and retailers returning unwanted Christmas gifts. Quadient also picked up coverage in i News after successfully news hijacking an Ofcom report into the future of the Royal Mail. Elsewhere, the Vectra team carried out another successful news hijack, responding to new cybersecurity governance published by the UK government, resulting in Infosecurity and Computer Weekly coverage.
Across the agency, we have also been busy pitching bylined articles to vertical and tech titles. The Scalable Software team placed a piece on the return to the office debate in The HR Director, while the Dynatrace team saw coverage in IT Reseller for a piece on how channel partners can demystify cloud complexity. And the Couchbase team also placed an article on edge AI in Digitalisation World.
We also had some interesting research from the Ivalua team, exploring whether businesses are at risk of unintentional ‘greenwashing’ if they do not report on Scope 3 emissions. The piece drove coverage with some of the biggest sustainability titles including edie and BusinessGreen.
Our life sciences teams have also been busy on the media relations front. A triple hit with inclusion for PacBio, Elsevier and Phesi in a 2024 predictions piece in Drug Discovery World was a recent highlight. The Phesi team has also been sharing new research with its annual analysis of global clinical development. Phesi’s data found that breast cancer was the most studied disease in 2023, which was covered in multiple outlets – including top-tier US publications Fierce Biotech and CenterWatch.
Check out the links on the right to read more on this week’s coverage.
- BBC News Online – Scrumconnect announces new jobs in the North
- The Telegraph – Quadient team interview on returning Christmas gifts
- i News – Quadient Ofcom / Royal Mail IR
- Customer Experience Magazine – Quadient Ofcom / Royal Mail IR
- HR Director – Scalable HR byline
- Infosecurity – Vectra UK government IR
- Computer Weekly – Vectra UK government IR
- IT Reseller – Dynatrace cloud complexity byline
- Digitalisation World – Couchbase AI byline
- People Management – Scalable ‘productivity paranoia’ research
- OEN Magazine – Scalable ‘productivity paranoia’ research
- Computer Weekly – Scalable ‘productivity paranoia’ research
- Edie – Ivalua greenwashing research
- Business Green – Ivalua greenwashing research
- Drug Discovery World – PacBio, Elsevier and Phesi predictions
- Drug Discovery World – Phesi cancer research
- Center Watch – Phesi cancer research
- PharmaVoice – Phesi cancer research