Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup 08/04/2021
With the first few days of spring upon us, the Spark team have certainly been busy bees. The team competed in Spark’s spring Stepathon last month, and the person with the most steps in March received a £300 donation for a charity of their choice. However, this fierce competition didn’t stop the team securing some ‘blooming’ good media coverage in The Telegraph, Financial Times, TechRadar Pro and more.
The Viasat team set the bar high with some fantastic feature coverage in The Telegraph, discussing the opening of their new UK cyber security operations centre – this will support defence and government organisations who are targeted by increasingly sophisticated cyberattacks. However, national coverage from the Viasat team did not stop there this week. They also secured a big hit in the Financial Times for a briefing on why the galactic battle over Elon Musk’s Starlink is a cause of concern in the space community.
The Telegraph was also popular with the Marqeta team this week, where they managed to pick up coverage in an article about contactless card fraud risk. A woman was charged £1,599 for a banana at M&S – which we believe is Spark’s first ever fruit-themed coverage! Elsewhere, the HP team has also been busy, securing some great research coverage for their Quarterly Threat Insights Report in TechRadar Pro. The report highlights the huge rise of cybercrime during the pandemic, with 29% of malware captured being previously unknown. The research was also covered in BetaNews and ZDNet.
More widely, we’ve secured some impressive coverage in trade titles too. The Ivalua team placed an opinion piece on how procurement can help drive Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives in Procurement Magazine. The SoftwareONE team also picked up a great byline hit in Information Age, in an article asking what we’ve learned about remote working. The piece was published a year to the date that Boris Johnson ordered us to work from home. Continuing with the remote working theme, Imperva also secured a placement in Think Digital Partners on how the shift to home working has opened up a “Pandora’s Box” of security threats.
Our life sciences clients have also been busy: Phesi pitched its new collaborative report with Accenture, urging pharma companies to utilise synthetic data in clinical trials. This resulted in coverage in Applied Clinical Trials, Pharma Times, and Pharma IQ, as well as a fantastic Q&A in Outsourcing Pharma. We also spotted some great Elsevier research in R&D World. Rounding off our science coverage is The Pistoia Alliance, securing a piece in Med-Tech Innovation on survey findings around the implementation of AI and blockchain in the life sciences industry.
We’ll be back soon with another Coverage Cup round-up, but until then, you can also check out our blog to see what else we’ve been up to at Spark.
- The Telegraph – Viasat coverage on new UK cyber centre
- Financial Times – Viasat briefing on Elon Musk’s Starlink
- The Telegraph – Coverage for Marqeta on contactless card fraud risk
- The Times/Raconteur – Quadient coverage on customer centricity in the insurance industry
- Teiss – Viasat coverage on new UK cyber centre
- Infosecurity Magazine – NetDocuments coverage on legal sector data breaches
- Med Tech Innovation – Results from a Pistoia Alliance survey of life sciences professionals
- R&D Magazine – Elsevier coverage for research into quantum computing
- Information Age – SoftwareONE byline on remote working
- BetaNews – Threat research coverage for HP Personal Systems
- Tech Radar Pro – Coverage for HP Personal Systems’ threat research report
- ZDNet – HP Personal Systems’ quarterly threat research report
- Procurement Magazine – Ivalua byline about how procurement can be a force for good
- Think Digital Partners – Imperva feature commentary around remote working