Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup 25/10/2021
Halloween is just around the corner, and here at Spark we can’t resist indulging in trick or treat – pulling out all the tricks to deliver some coverage treats for our clients. We’ve snagged some great appearances in nationals, trade, and vertical publications, but with TV offerings more gripping than ever, we’ll rattle them off in quick Succession so that You can get back to the popcorn and remote.
First up, the Sagacity team lead the way by bagging some fantastic coverage in no less than three national publications. The team placed comment on rising energy bills in The Express, thanks to eagle-eyed tracking of an Ofwat report and a sneaky Twitter DM (or three!). Other national coverage came in The Guardian and City AM, both with comment on the ongoing energy crisis.
The security teams were hot on their coverage tail. The CIISec crew secured an interview on infosec industry changes in The Register, who acknowledged that CIISec had “nice ideas” (glowing praise, as regular readers will know). HCL followed suit with an interview in Computer Weekly on HCL’s new Benelux Telco partnership. The Outseer team trod unchartered territory with their first podcast slot for this new client – on the subject of tackling financial fraud in IBS Intelligence. Meanwhile, the Poly team saw some great research coverage in IT Pro Portal – saying what we were all thinking, with their “Hybrid Working Isn’t All Sunshine and Rainbows” feature.
And we haven’t forgotten what we do best – storytelling. The team placed bylined articles in Information Age and Computer Weekly, to name just a couple. The first comes from the Couchbase team, with a compelling read on how businesses can use real-time data analytics to improve efficiency. The second from Imperva, which is sharpening its sword in the battle against “bad bots”.
Over on the life sciences and engineering side of life, the Pistoia Alliance team secured in-depth feature coverage in Lab Manager, highlighting the potential for electronic laboratory notebooks to solve data challenges. The team also put the Alliance’s recent quantum computing research to good use, nabbing more coverage in Bio-IT World. Finally, the Elsevier team supported new research published on pancreatitis, with a report on trends in scientific literature published in PharmaVOICE. Elsevier also saw coverage for the launch of its corrosion management tool in Materials Performance.
That’s all for now – keep an eye on our social channels for more coverage, and all the Spark happenings.
- The Guardian – Sagacity’s comment on increase in energy bills
- The Express – More comment from Sagacity on energy bills
- City AM – Sagacity on energy crisis and data migration
- The Register – CIISec interview on the infosec industry
- Computer Weekly – HCL interview on Benelux Telco partnership
- IBS Intelligence – Outseer podcast on tackling financial fraud
- IT Pro Portal – Feature on hybrid working and noise
- Information Age – Couchbase byline on real-time data analytics
- Imperva byline on tackling “bad bots” – Computer Weekly
- Lab Manager – The Pistoia Alliance on electronic notebooks and data management
- Bio IT World – Pistoia research coverage on quantum computing
- PharmaVOICE – Elsevier with report on trends in scientific literature
- Materials Performance – Elsevier’s launch of corrosion management tool