Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup 9/10/2018
It has been an odd few weeks if we look back at the national news agenda. We’ve had everything from the return of the ‘Maybot’ to a self-shredding Banksy at an auction. Here at Spark we have also been helping clients stand out in the media… for the right reasons!
For this week’s Coverage Cup round-up we wanted to firstly highlight the stellar work the team has done in securing client coverage in national supplements. The Financial Times and The Times both run regular special reports and Spark has meticulously built up relationships with many of the contributors and freelance writers. In the last few weeks we’ve managed to secure client coverage in four separate reports as a result of some great relationship building and storytelling.
The Ivalua, Viasat and Elsevier teams pulled off a superb Spark hat-trick by securing inclusion in The Times’ ‘Responsible Business’ special report, in an article that looked at five tech-based solutions to global problems. However, this was not to be the sole hat-trick of the week. The team’s pitching efforts were richly rewarded when three clients, DXC IOActive and RSA were featured in the same article in the FT’s special report on ‘AI in Cybersecurity’. The Huntsman team, not to be left out, also secured coverage in another article for the same report which focused on using machines to ease the cyber security talent crunch.
Elsewhere, the Couchbase team secured an excellent piece of coverage in The Times’ 'Digital Transformation' report after pitching research about digital projects failing to meet business expectations. Similarly, the Quadient team worked hard to achieve coverage in The Times’ ‘Regulation Technology’ report, helping to shape the entire article about regulation overload being a threat to financial services.
As much as we love securing national coverage, we’ve continued to get great articles in all our key tech and vertical publications. The Viasat team secured a great profile piece with the company’s CEO in key telecoms title Light Reading, while the JDA team secured a great write up on diginomica after securing journalist attendance for the company’s recent AI and retail event.
Finally, a shout out to the Ivalua team who secured coverage in the likes of The MJ, LocalGov, Supply Management and Government Business following FOI requests revealing that local councils have yet to diversify their supplier base since the collapse of Carillion earlier in the year.
I’m sure you’ll agree it has been an amazing few weeks for coverage here at Spark, if you want to take a look at any of the articles in more detail, just click the links on the right of this page!
- The Financial Times – Article about AI not being a silver bullet in the fight against cyberattacks
- The Financial Times – Article about AI helping to lessen the cyber skills shortage
- The Times – Article about the top tech solutions to global problems
- The Times – Article about digital transformation featuring Couchbase
- The Times – Article about regulation overload in the FS sector
- Light Reading – Viasat CEO profile
- Supply Management – Article about local authorities focusing spend on top suppliers
- Local Gov – Article about local authorities focusing spend on top suppliers
- Information Age – HCL and Asda partnership
- Essential Retail – HCL and Asda partnership
- Computer Weekly – Article about Verizon’s Payment Security Report
- diginomica – Article resulting from JDA’s AI and retail event
- SC Media UK – Article about CISOs being sacked after cyber-breaches
- SC Media UK – Article about cyber-criminals using new tactic to avoid malware detection