Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup 16/08/2018 – Competition is heating up
The weather might have cooled down in recent weeks but the competition for the Coverage Cup here at Spark has been as hot as ever. We’ve seen some excellent coverage in the past few weeks with everything from broadcast coverage in Scotland to coverage in the nationals to inclusion in podcasts – and everything in-between.
Starting things off were the IOActive team, who pitched in new research that highlighted issues with satellite systems on aircraft, ships and those by the military that could let hackers take control. The team did a sterling job and secured coverage in Sky News, BBC News, The Guardian and Forbes amongst others.
Carrying on with a security theme, the Huntsman team did an excellent job of pitching a media alert on the lack of cybersecurity analysts in Scottish government departments, securing three interviews with Computer Business Review, GovTech Leaders and a broadcast piece on the STV 6 O Clock News. The news was also covered by the likes of FutureScot and Infosecurity.
The RSA team did a great job of getting coverage in Risk UK for a byline about the future of risk – which apparently is informed by the past. In addition, we had some more security coverage in Computer Weekly, Computer Business Review and Intelligent CISO for the launch of Bromium’s Protected App product launch. The Verizon team got some great coverage by news hijacking the Butlin’s data breach and sharing the stats from the company’s DBIR report – resulting in coverage in Computer Business Review and Infosecurity. Lastly in terms of security, the Venafi team did a great job of getting comment into an article about a WhatsApp hack in The Independent.
Moving away from security, Pistoia Alliance had success getting a spokesperson to talk about Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery for a BenchSci podcast. Continuing the life sciences theme, the Elsevier team got coverage in WIRED in a story about the environmental cost of lithium batteries.
Last but certainly not least, the JDA team had good reason to celebrate after securing a 3-page CEO interview in this month’s Supply Chain Digital.
You can check out the coverage highlights opposite – happy reading!
- Risk UK – RSA risk byline
- GovTech Leaders – Huntsman government security analysts media alert
- FutureScot – Huntsman government cybersecurity media alert
- Computer Weekly – Bromium Protected App
- BenchSci – Pistoia Alliance Podcast
- BBC – IOActive satellite security research launch
- The Financial Times – IOActive satellite security research launch
- Sky News – IOActive satellite security research launch
- The Guardian – IOActive satellite security research launch
- Computer Business Review – Butlin’s news hijack by the Verizon team
- Supply Chain Digital – JDA CEO interview
- WIRED – Elsevier lithium battery story
- The Independent – Venafi WhatsApp hack comment
- Insurance Business UK – Virtusa tech almanac launch
- Netimperative – Virtusa tech almanac launch
- IBS Intelligence – Virtusa tech almanac launch
- Forbes – IOActive satellite security research launch
- Computer Business Review – Bromium Protected App