Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup 13/11/19
The clocks have gone back, the weather has truly turned for the worse, but thankfully the team is securing some cracking articles here at Spark Towers.
Since our last update we have had not one, but two pieces of fantastic coverage on Forbes. The first piece was secured by the Peltarion team, with the article looking at the positive impact deep learning can have on alleviating doctor shortages and improving patient care. This was secured as a result of a tweet the team responded to, and after four months of persistent follow-ups, a well-deserved piece of coverage for sure! The other article was secured for IOActive, where the team pitched comment advising readers how to secure their iPhones that resulted in a fantastic piece of coverage with the client included among other industry experts.
While those two articles certainly caused a stir, other teams have also worked their magic to get coverage in a variety of key titles. The JDA team secured coverage in retail and supply chain titles, including Essential Retail, Logistics Manager, Retail Times, IT Supply Chain and Verdict among others, after developing and pitching a media alert highlighting how AI could help to save UK supermarkets £144 million by preventing food waste. Elsewhere the Chartered Institute of Information Security team used research highlighting the need for diversity in the industry to plug the cybersecurity skills gap, to secure coverage in a number of titles, including TEISS, SC Media UK, Infosecurity Magazine, UK Tech News and Intelligent CIO.
On the subject of cybersecurity, the RSA Security team secured an incredible seven-page spread in Digital Bulletin’s November Magazine. The piece, which resulted from an interview with the company’s VP of Identity and Fraud & Risk Intelligence products, looked at a variety of issues around two-factor authentication, touching on biometrics, password hygiene and account security.
It has also been a bumper few weeks when it comes to client opinion piece placements. Starting us off, The Pistoia Alliance team had a piece published on user experience impacting collaboration in the scientific research community in Pharma IQ. Elsewhere, the HCL team worked hard to secure placement for an article on how microservices are revolutionising software development in IT Pro Portal. Other special mentions go out to the Kainos team for an article published in Information Age that described how Birmingham has become a leading UK digital hub. Last, but not least, the Huntsman team had an article on the threats of an election being hacked covered on Computer Business Review – which now seems even more timely than when it was initially pitched!
You can check out some of the articles on the sidebar opposite.
- Forbes – Article about deep learning helping to alleviate doctor shortages
- Forbes – Article about iPhone security tips including comment from IOActive
- Pharma IQ – Article highlighting the key to effective science and collaboration being better user experiences
- CPO Strategy – Article on the cloud pay as you go myth
- IT Pro Portal – Article on microservices revolutionising software development
- Information Age – Article on Birmingham becoming a UK digital hub
- Computer Business Review – Article on the risk of elections being targeted by hackers
- Logistics Manager – Article on AI preventing 144m tonnes of food waste
- Essential Retail – https://www.logisticsmanager.com/artificial-intelligence-could-prevent-144m-of-food-waste-annually/
- Verdict Foodservice – Article on AI preventing 144m tonnes of food waste
- TEISS – Article on the lack of diversity in the cybersecurity industry
- SC Media – Article on the lack of diversity in the cybersecurity industry
- Infosecurity Magazine – Article on the lack of diversity in the cybersecurity industry
- UK Tech News – Article on the lack of diversity in the cybersecurity industry
- Data Economy – Article on the uncertainty surrounding data transfers with the EU post Brexit
- Intelligent CIO – Article on the uncertainty surrounding data transfers with the EU post Brexit
- DevOps Online – Q&A on the impact of AIOps on modern IT systems
- Comms Business – Article on Quadient’s new reseller agreement with Espire
- Information Age – Article highlighting research about organisations failing to maximise use of Microsoft 365 investment
- Digital Bulletin – Seven-page spread on RSA Security