Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup 15/7/2019
Though many are gearing up for summer holidays, festival season and well-deserved breaks in the sunshine, it’s been full steam ahead here at Spark! There’s been some great national, trade and vertical client coverage over the past couple of weeks. It’s been tricky enough to narrow them all down for this blog, so you can only imagine how difficult it’s been to choose a single winner in the office each Friday!
Starting with the national press, we’ve had a fantastic showing in the BBC over the last fortnight. First up, the MuleSoft team developed a successful proactive pitch looking at how APIs are transforming the travel and transport industry. The end result was an in-depth feature in the BBC’s Technology of Business section which features comment from MuleSoft’s CTO and two of the company’s customers. It’s fair to say the client was very pleased with the coverage! Meanwhile, the IOActive team secured coverage with the BBC with comment from the company’s CTO, Cesar Cerrudo, in a story regarding a Florida town that decided to pay malicious hackers $600,000 to get its municipal computers working again.
We’ve also had some great news hijack results in trade media in the last couple of weeks, with the Insight, Bromium and RSA teams jumping on breaking stories. The Insight team provided comment to Computer Business Review on mitigating the risks of cloud sprawl following a new report from McAfee. Bromium’s EMEA CTO Fraser Kyne featured in Insurance Business and TEISS, offering insight on Dominium National’s data breach to explain some of the access points where the original breach potentially occurred. The RSA team also responded to the Financial Conduct Authority revealing third parties contributed to an increase of 1000% in finance sector cyber-crimes. RSA’s Chris Miller comments on how the shift from paper to electronic money has created new digital risks featured in an article in SC Media.
Elsewhere, the HCL team hit it out of the park with coverage regarding the company’s new technology partnership with Cricket Australia. The team secured a number of pieces of coverage including Computer Weekly, Intelligent Sourcing, Digital Bulletin, Digitalisation World, SportsBusiness Sponsorship, and Cricketworld.
Finally, the Viasat team were really pleased with Vanilla Plus’ interview write-up with Evan Dixon, the managing director of Viasat Europe. Evan discusses how satellite broadband fits into the wider European connectivity landscape and the important role it has to play in closing the digital divide.
Take a look at the coverage list on the right to see some more of our highlights.
- BBC News Online – Feature on APIs transforming the transport and travel industry
- BBC News Online – Comment from IOActive in a piece on a town in Florida paying a $600,000 hacker ransom
- Computer Business Review – Comment from Insight in an article on the risks of moving to the cloud
- Insurance Business – Comment from Bromium in a piece on Dominion National’s data breach
- TEISS – Comment from Bromium in a piece on Dominion National’s data breach
- SC Media – Comment from RSA in a piece on Dominion National’s data breach
- Digitalisation World – HCL’s technology partnership with Cricket Australia
- Cricketworld – HCL’s technology partnership with Cricket Australia
- Computer Weekly – HCL’s technology partnership with Cricket Australia
- Vanilla Plus – Interview with Viasat Europe’s managing director
- Computer Weekly – DXC article on opening an innovation centre
- IDG Connect – Article on open source software featuring Venafi
- GovTech Leaders – Kainos media alert on bridging the UK skills gap