Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup 21/05/2021
It’s been a great few weeks for the Spark team. We’re celebrating moving up to 16th in this year’s PR Week UK Technology Agency Rankings, and we’ve even been able to get together in person. We’ve also had some great coverage for our clients, with 21 of the best pieces nominated for the Coverage Cup! So, let’s take a look.
First up, we had some fantastic coverage on the BBC for Marqeta, featuring its fraud research and an adorable yet heart breaking puppy video. The survey of 2,000 consumers found there had been a 31% increase in online shopping fraud victims since 2020, including a number of puppy scammers on the loose! Sticking with creative campaigns, Quadient saw results from a Freedom of Information request investigating the explosion of nuisance calls and scam texts featured in Insurance Post, contact-centres, and Finextra.
Next, months of hard work for both the Spark team and HP Wolf Security, paid off in style. The launch of HP Wolf Security (with a video starring Mr Robot himself, Christian Slater), was featured in 32 publications to date, with results still coming in. Hits include Betanews, ZDNet and ITPro.
Computer Weekly remains the most respected and well-read tech publication, so we were pleased to see Spark clients featured in its hallowed pages several times in recent weeks. Pieces include CIISec’s launch of the ‘Institute of Cyber Digital Investigations Professionals’ which will help security professional become accredited, and an interview with Imperva on its ‘bad bot’ report, which exposed how ‘helpful’ bots that schedule vaccine appointments could actually hurt vaccine roll outs.
There was some great thought-leadership coverage in Manufacturing Management for Ivalua, with a piece on improving supplier visibility. And there was further coverage for Ivalua with a feature in Logistics Manager, looking at why organisations should digitise procurement to improve supply chain visibility.
The Pistoia Alliance, one of our life science clients, secured inclusion in a feature in business publication, Raconteur / The Times, on how AI is transforming healthcare. Rounding off a good couple of weeks for the Alliance was coverage for some new stats it published in a number of publications, including Drug Target Review. The team helped the Alliance to craft quickfire polls around hot topics like the ‘Lab of the Future’, which were then conducted virtually at its recent European conference. There was also a nice hit for the Elsevier team on another (very) hot topic, the quantum computing race, within a feature on IDG Connect. This was based on a recent study Elsevier published on emerging research trends in the field.
Last but not least, we even had some coverage for Spark! PR Week picked up on the news of our appointment to manage Sagacity’s PR programme. There will be another Coverage Cup along soon, but for now you can see more of our coverage on the list opposite.
- BBC News – Marqeta coverage on UK fraud research
- Raconteur/ The Times – Pistoia Alliance feature coverage
- Betanews – HP Wolf Security Launch coverage
- ZDNet – Another HP Wolf Security Launch hit
- ITPro – Yet another piece for HP Wolf Security Launch
- TEISS – Vectra funding announcement
- Computer Weekly – Another piece of CIISec coverage on the bill
- IDG connect – Interview coverage for Elsevier
- Intelligent CIO Europe – Viasat coverage on its new UK network operations announcement
- InsurTech Digital – Quadient feature on customer centricity
- Drug Target Review – Coverage for Pistoia Alliance research
- Contact-centres – Coverage of an FOI for Quadient on nuisance calls
- Logistics Manager – Feature coverage for Ivalua
- Legal Tech Insider – Interview coverage for NetDocuments
- Police Oracle – CIISec coverage on new digital investigations skills body bill
- Finextra – FOI for Quadient on Nuisance calls
- Channel Eye – DiCentral coverage on new office opening
- UK Tech News – Coverage for Quadient introducing Inspire Evolve
- Energy Digital – HCL news on launch of digital foundation with Hitachi