Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup 15/03/2021
Our latest weekly ‘Coverage Cup Zoom’ showed much promise, almost as if the Sparkies had been astral projecting (to those who have seen ‘Behind Her Eyes’) to get such incredible results. As they would say in Bridgerton, the social season is upon us – so let’s look at what this new Spring season has brought in.
First up, we had a fantastic news hijack on the 2021 Budget from the Marqeta team. With a comment on contactless card limits drafted ahead of time, showcasing the importance of planning and knowing the news schedule, the team secured coverage in the BBC and the Mail Online. Sticking with Marqeta, further news hijack coverage around the Budget appeared in FinTech Futures, one of the top financial services publications. The Marqeta team also secured coverage for business banking research in City A.M.
Other teams got in on the act, with news hijack coverage including a comment in Retail Systems for MuleSoft. The spokesperson discussed the big Amazon Go news this week (you don’t have to stand in line to check out, you just leave!). Next up was some great feature coverage for Sagacity from one our recent joiners. She secured coverage of a comment on machine learning by Sagacity’s technical director in Information Age.
The HCL team picked up a placement in the Tech Talks Daily Podcast, by creating a proactive pitch for the CTO to discuss how COVID-19 disruption is leading to greater demand for AI. And talking of podcasts, the HP team scored an interview for a spokesperson on Security Insights, discussing why trust and identity are bedrocks for the security of the internet.
Our life sciences and engineering teams have also been hard at work. The Elsevier team saw in-depth coverage in Mining Magazine, after securing a Q&A off the back of product news. And the Pistoia Alliance team placed a byline in Research & Development World on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on digital transformation in pharma.
Finally, many of our clients celebrated International Women’s Day on the 8th of March. As part of these efforts, our team was able to raise the issue of a lack of gender equality in cybersecurity, with the results of a CIISec survey on gender equality featuring in Computer Weekly, The Daily Swig and InfoSecurity.
There will be another coverage cup along soon, but for now you can see more of our coverage on the list opposite.
- BBC – News hijack for Marqeta on the Budget 2021
- City AM – Coverage for Marqeta on business banking research
- Computer Weekly – Report on gender equality from CIISec
- Telecoms Tech News – Coverage for Sagacity on profitability in telecoms
- Retail System – News hijack coverage for MuleSoft about Amazon Go
- Global Banking and Finance Review – Opinion article from Dynatrace
- Tech Talks Daily Podcast – Podcast featuring HCL’s CTO
- Continuity Central – Bylined article from RSA
- Mining Magazine – Q&A coverage for Elsevier product news
- Research & Development World – Byline for Pistoia on life science skills
- Retail Technology – Couchbase comment included in a feature
- FinTech Futures – News hijack coverage for Marqeta on the 2021 Budget
- Comms Business – Briefing turned coverage for Imperva
- Infosecurity magazine – Diversity survey coverage for CIISec
- Information Age – Feature coverage for Sagacity’s technical director